WINE NOT: Design Your Best Self with a Personal UX Evaluation
March 28, 2018 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm| Free
Join us for an evening of wine & cheese and learning at Galvanize’s WINE NOT series for entrepreneurs.
Designer Laura Rillera knows the ins and outs of helping her clients go from a vision of the future to a fully realized product or service. She’s also no stranger to affinity diagramming, which helps software designers understand the business, user, and developer goals that become the base measurement to determine a project’s success.
She recently set out to determine whether this workplaceprocess could be used to measure personal success. With affinity diagramming as the backbone of this exercise, Rillera organized and prioritized all of her goals. Then, she came up with action plans.
This WINE NOT session will take attendees through their own personal UX evaluation, applying this successful framework that Laura created in a quest to improve her quality of life.
Attendees will come out of this session with:
- A personalized set of their own goals and a repeatable system for surfacing, organizing and prioritizing them.
- A data kit for tracking progress.
Laura (Lala) Rillera is a UX and Interaction Designer at argodesign, an Austin-based product design firm. She has worked on software solutions for clients ranging from Dell, Caesar’s Palace, John Deere, Pizza Hut, Lowes, Tag Heuer, Booz Allen Hamilton, and Will.I.Am. She also designed the Webby nominated Disney Movies Anywhere app that shot to #1 in both the Apple and Android app stores. Prior to her work at argodesign, she was an Interaction Designer for Chaotic Moon Studios and also ran her own UI and UX design shop.
Galvanize is the premiere dynamic learning community for technology. With campuses located in booming technology sectors throughout the country, Galvanize provides a community for each the following:
- Education – part-time and full-time training in web development, data science, and data engineering
- Workspace – whether you’re a freelancer, startup, or established business, we provide beautiful spaces with a community dedicated to support your company’s growth
- Networking – events in the tech industry happen constantly in our campuses, ranging from popular Meetups to multi-day international conferences
To learn more about Galvanize, visit galvanize.com.