How To Grow Your Business with PR & Media
May 10, 2018 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm| $10
When marketing budgets are limited, PR offers one of the most powerful and cost-effective ways for small businesses to promote their products and services.
Very few businesses have the luxury of starting with an advertising budget that is sufficient to achieve any real impact. PR is not only a viable alternative, used wisely it can reap greater rewards over a more sustained period.
Learn how to give your products/services the stamp of approval from a trusted third party, such as a local news channel, blog or business journal.
Date: Thursday, May 10, 2018
Where: WeWork West 6th, 221 W. 6th Street
Who: Distinguished Panel of Austin PR & Media Influencers
- Rebeca Trejo, On-Air Reporter, KVUE
- John Robert Reed, Co-Founder & Consultant, JDI
- Katie Friel, Editor, CultureMap Austin & San Antonio
- William Anderson, Editor, Austin Business Journal
Are you building relationships with your local media members? If not, you should be. Your local media is a valuable resource for marketing and growing your business.
This month we will discuss the ins and outs of growing your business with PR and Media.
Some of the questions that will be answered include:
- Why it pays to seek publicity
- How to get found by journalists
- How to find and initiate conversation with journalists
- Do journalists ever open their emails?
- What turns a journalist onto/off a story
- How to generate positive press coverage
You will learn:
- What’s Trending in PR and Media Today and Why
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Getting in Touch with the Media
- Classic Mistakes to Avoid When Dealing with the Media
- How to Get Found From a Press Release
- The Right Way to Get Coverage In Your Local Media
Leave A Comment